Mission, Values & Aims
Manchester International School is committed to helping students achieve their goals. With a strong focus on education we will nurture critical thinkers who are intellectually curious and effective communicators to ensure that every student can fulfill their full potential.
Manchester International School seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through development-appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. Our school promotes a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment. Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships between students and staff. We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students’ learning.
Our students will:
- Become independent thinkers and lifelong learners;
- Develop love for learning, an understanding of excellence and how it can be achieved both educationally and creatively;
- Develop high levels of self-respect, self-esteem and respect and care of others;
- Set high personal standards for their learning.
We shall achieve these aims by:
- Continually seeking to improve our standards of teaching, learning and citizenship;
- Teaching students how to learn effectively;
- Making learning stimulating, challenging, exciting and enjoyable;
- Encouraging students to learn from their inevitable mistakes;
- Using teaching and learning strategies;
- Constructively correcting negative attitudes and behaviour;
- Creating opportunities for students to apply their learning to entirely new situations;
- Presenting achievable but challenging opportunities for success;
- Rewarding positive attitudes, behaviour and success;
- Giving students increasingly responsible roles within the school;
- Encouraging students to help and care for others;
- Teaching students the fundamental importance of positive human relationships;
- Providing opportunities to make a positive contribution to their environment and school;
- Working with parents in close partnership, offering regular consultations, encouraging involvement and support in their children’s learning and ensuring accessibility and participation in the life of the school.