According the the UK DfE all students should be taught fundamental British values as part of the UK national curriculum.
We aim to install the following values into every day school life and activities.
Truth & Justice
- We have agreed rules & expectations to ensure our school is a safe & happy place for everyone.
- We learn about fairness and & justice.
- We pride ourselves on our integrity.
- We learn about the importance of freedom of speech.
- We debate and discuss our views & opinions.
- Our student voice is at the centre of everything we do.
Peace & Tolerance
- We learn about tolerance and respect for people of different races and backgrounds.
- We aim to stamp out ignorance & fear from misconceptions.
- We aim to live in peace and harmony.
- We learn about and appreciate everyone’s differences.
- We break barriers on stereotyping.
- We always challenge prejudice or discriminatory behaviour.
- We take responsibility for our own actions.
- We learn about and build our own identities.
- We nurture the development of self-esteem & confidence.
- We are ZERO tolerant on bullying.
- We believe in helping those less fortunate than us.
- We believe we can make a difference.
“We want every school to promote the basic British values of democracy,
the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance....
This ensures young people understand the importance of
respect and leave school fully prepared for modern life....”
- John Nash, UK Schools Minister - 2014