IGCSE Cambridge Upper Secondary
Cambridge Upper Secondary is for students in Years 9 and 10 and it provides students with the qualifications of IGCSE’s. It builds on the foundations of Cambridge Lower Secondary. At MIS we incorporate Cambridge Upper Secondary Curriculum for mathematics, science and English alongside the British Curriculum.
Cambridge IGCSE develops student’s knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
Students will study the following 3 compulsory subjects:
- English as a 1st Language
- Science (Chemistry/Physics/Biology)
Plus the option of:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or
- Arabic as a 1st Language
Assessment takes place at the end of the course and includes written, oral, coursework and practical assessment.
In Year 9 students will be assessed for “IGCSE Core” qualifications with grades from C to G this is known as Pre-IG Stage.
Following on in Year 10 students will then be assessed for “IGCSE Extended” qualifications with grades from A* to E.
Depending upon students’ chosen university requirements, they will be able to take qualifications from either Cambridge Assessment International Education or Pearson Edexcel International.
IGCSE/GCE Fields of Study at MIS
- English as a First Language
- English as a Second Language
- English Literature
- First language Arabic
- Foreign languages (German, French, Arabic)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Business Studies
- Travel & Tourism
- Art & Design
- Social studies
- Physical Education
The Egyptian Ministry of Education
- Arabic Language
- Social Studies