The MIS Catering Department aims to provide a varied and balanced diet within the school community in order to protect student’s health, prompting proper growth and development; help children and young people to improve their concentration and fulfill their potential both inside and outside school by encouraging them to have a proper meal during the school day. We aim to provide varied and high quality meals for the school staff community at reasonable prices.
Feeding students is a responsibility which Manchester International School takes very seriously. We recognize the importance of nutritionally balanced menus, consisting of fresh seasonal food, freshly cooked and served by enthusiastic and caring catering teams.
We realize that we have a major part to play in encouraging pupils to choose wisely and eat well and we make sure that our menus meet their increasingly sophisticated expectations. To support this, we include food development chefs and a state-registered dietician.
Getting children to eat the right things is a concern for every parents, which is why we make a significant investment in training our catering team in all aspects of diet and nutrition.
We always aim to:
• Provide a balanced choice for all children;
• Provide meals that are both tasty and interesting;
• Provide food that will make a positive contribution to child’s health and well-being;
• Provide well-balanced choices for children with special dietary needs, such as food intolerance, food allergies and cultural requirements.
Our aim is to encourage good eating habits and an appreciation of fresh food that we hope our young people will retain into adulthood.
• Please, report any of your children’s allergies to the MIS School Doctor.
• Nuts are not allowed to be included in any cooked food.