Back in March 2018, our Board of Directors identified the need to promote healthy diets and create positive eating behaviour by providing a 100% healthy eating environment in our school.
- Achieves energy balance and a healthy weight.
- Limits energy intake from total fats, shifts fat consumption away from saturated fats to unsaturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids.
- Increases consumption of fruits and vegetables, legumes, whole grains and nuts.
- Limits the intake of sugars.
- Limits salt (sodium) consumption from all sources.
- All fried items are replaced with grilled items.
- Processed meat and chicken products are not served. Fresh Chicken, meat and turkey products are available instead.
- Olive oil is used.
- Honey is used for sweetening.
- Wholegrain bread and whole-wheat flour are used for all bakery products, pizza dough and desserts.
In accordance with our Healthy Eating Policy, our students are not allowed to bring unhealthy food items for lunch into the school, these include junk food, crisps, sweets, chocolate and all types of fizzy soda drinks. Chewing gum is not acceptable under any circumstances.
Please ensure your child’s lunch box contains healthy, nutritious and filling food.
Our fully staffed in-house cafeteria serves a wide range of well-priced healthy and fresh foods & beverages, which are available throughout the school day.
Students from Year 1 upwards may purchase items during break times.
All students in Foundation can pre-order a set healthy balanced hot meal including a drink from the cafeteria every day. Meals must be ordered on a monthly basis, paid one month in advance by the 1st Sunday of the month directly to the Accounting Department.
Please note that it is the responsibility of Parents/Guardians to ensure the school is officially and immediately informed of any food allergies, which must be recorded in the student’s school medical records.